- New members will be expected to be able to swim 200m front crawl. New members who can’t swim 200m will be encouraged to take up lessons with a private coach, some of our coaches may be able to provide this service.
- Please always turn up in time to change and be on poolside ready to swim at the start time.
- When you reach the wall at the end of a swim, please move out of the way so that other swimmers can complete their swim at the wall.
- Swim sessions will be limited to 6 per lane.
- There should always be 6 or less swimmers in a lane, if there are more, please co-operate with the coach to ensure the lanes are split evenly by ability.
- An individual coach will never be expected to coach more than 3 lanes. We will try to get at least 2 coaches to each session but if there is only 1, they will put a set on the board for 3 lanes and focus on coaching the other 3. This can then be reversed the next time we only have one coach.
- Please stick to rest times – they are there for a reason. When you have finished your swim set, please move to the other side of the lane to allow those behind you to finish their sets at the wall.
- Please wear a swim hat with your first name written in permanent marker on it. This helps the coaches to identify you and they will therefore be able to offer you more feedback.