Frostbite Winter League
The 2023/24 Frostbite Winter League
There will be a designated Parkrun every 2 weeks or so (to allow free weekends for other activities, including the Cross-Country league events) for a total of 10 races at locations are below. parkruns consist from – Alvaston, Markeaton, Conkers, Rosliston & Long Eaton.
Post run coffee & cake available at all designated locations.
Parkrun rules apply www.parkrun.org.uk
Register for Parkrun (below) if you have not already done so. Please add DTC to your registration (it makes it simpler to spot your times on the Parkrun results webpages). Remember to bring your barcode – no barcode, no time!
Ideally we would like you to come to the designated Parkrun as below. You can also run at any other 5K Parkrun, but it is your responsibility to submit your official time to us.
Juniors (aged 15 & below as at 31st December 2021) are eligible to take part in the league.
Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm’s reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent’s choice.
- 3 points for completing a parkrun. You can take part in any parkrun, but you can only earn PB points at the designated location (it is your responsibility to let Susannah know if you have run elsewhere otherwise you wont get the points!)
- 1 point for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd overall male/female or 1st age group position at the designated league parkrun. (NB You must message Susannah with your age group win to get the points).
- 3 points for a new personal best (after your first parkrun of the league season) at the designated location.
- 1 point for a course PB within the season (E.g. you beat your first league Markeaton time, even if it isn’t a league season PB – only designated locations count).
- 3 points for each club cross country race completed (and 1 point for 1st, 2nd or 3rd overall male/female).
- 3 Bonus points for fancy dress on Halloween/Santa Parkrun.
- 3 Bonus points for Spring Lakes Open Water ‘splash’ as part of the ‘Dash, Splash, Bash’ on Saturday 25th – Club Bash date.
In the event of multiple Parkrun cancellations in the area due to bad weather, the organisers will accept your 5K time from your Garmin data/Strava etc.
Designated Dates & Venues for 2023/24
White = parkrun
Green = Cross Country
Halloween/Santa Run = bonus points for fancy dress
Dash, Splash, Bash = receive a special recognition and award for completing Long Eaton parkrun, a swim at Spring Lakes and Followed by the Club Bash.