Derby Triathlon Club Affiliations
Triathlon England (British Triathlon Federation)
Triathlon England is one of three Home Nation bodies for Triathlon in Britain. If you reside in England or are eligible to represent England you should join Triathlon England.
Members will be affiliated to a region and can vote for their Regional Committee. There are nine regions in England which correspond to the English Regional Government areas. Each region has a representative who sits on the Council of Triathlon England.
Benefits for the Club
- The club can count on support from Triathlon England staff and their Regional Programme Manager. This is especially useful when a club wants to develop to Clubmark or Starmark status, make a club development plan, set up a junior section etc.
- Club members will pay a reduced fee for individual membership with Triathlon England
- Publication on the British Triathlon and Triathlon England website and in the annual Handbook
- Clubs get Public Liability Insurance to the value of £10 million per incident, which will allow you to hire certain facilities and to organise your own events
Visit the Triathlon England website
England Athletics (UK Athletics)
England Athletics is the National Governing Body working hard to develop and promote Athletics across the whole of the country. England Athletics delivers services, support and funding within the sport. Their role includes working with affiliated clubs, officials, schools, and coaches. They also provide national level competition and work on athlete development beneath world class performance level. Our role is directly related to the work of the many volunteers whose efforts are fundamental to the success of athletics in England.
Benefits for the Club
- Funding programmes to benefit affiliated clubs
- Dedicated support for clubs from each of nine regional offices
- Insurance for affiliated clubs and their members
- Subsidised training events for club members
- Visits to clubs from expert coaches to support athlete development
- Funding community athletic coach positions boost local opportunities
- Club member welfare and CRB record checking
- Resources and training programmes to support club development
- National Championships across a wide range of event groups
- Major national and regional award programme to recognise the efforts of the volunteer
- Specialist national and regional events, seminars and conferences to support coaches, officials, athletes and volunteer
- Benefits and support for competition organisers
- Delivery of licensed coach, teacher and officials education programmes
- Development of up-to-date resources for coaches, teachers and officials
- Specialist conferences and technical workshops for coaches, teachers and officials
- Introducing athletics to young people through the club–school links project
- Working with established bodies to secure more investment for talent development
Visit the England Athletics website
Cycling Time Trials
The National Governing Body for Time Trial in England & Wales. Being affiliated to Cycling Time Trials allows Club members to take part in all Time Trials organises under the auspices of the governing body. If desired the Club is also able to organise events and gain support and public liability cover from Cycling Time Trials.