2020 had no champions awarded as there were very few, if any races, held. This year as races will be more limited than usual the Club Committee has decided NOT to propose target races. The method for calculating the club champions will be similar to 2019, but you can submit ant number of multi-sport aces that you compete in.
For 2021 the committee has decided that the Club Champions will have a more objective method of determining the winners this is as follows –
1/ you MUST Marshall at least once during the summer season.
2/ you MUST register at the races (any number may be submitted) as a DTC member (to wear DTC club colours would be nice, but not mandatory).
How the result is calculated
Your place at the end of the race in your age group category is the number that you need to take in count…by taking the average of these get your final score.… the lowest points wins. In the event of tied scores, the committee may take the following into account to decide the overall winner – Race length, prestige, race elevation etc.
The Club Championship winners will be announced at the Club Bash ceremony.
Questions & Answers
- Is this a new championship / award?
- No, this is the structure for the Club Championship awards in 2021.
- Does two 70.3 count or just one?
- Any races, any distance any multi-sport may be submitted (up to 4).
- Can the the Club relays at Nottingham count?
- So we have to enter results from 4 different distance events?
- No, any 4 events they could all be sprint distance or all ironman distance, this year it’s up to you.