The Club Champions will be decided by the committee as follows –
1/ you MUST give back to the club in some way during the year. This may be by being a marshal at least once during the summer season or by being on the committee or be in a club role. Marshalling may be at Summer Series, Time Trial or Derby Triathlon.
2/ you MUST register at the races (any number may be submitted) as a DTC member (to wear DTC club colours would be nice, but not mandatory).
How the result is calculated
Your place at the end of the race in your age group category is the number that you need to take in count, by taking the average of these get your final score. The lowest points wins. In the event of tied scores, the committee may take the following into account to decide the overall winner – Race length, prestige, race elevation etc. In the event no results are submitted in a Champions category or the committee may use their discretion, based own members known results, to make the award.
The Club Championship winners will be announced at the Club Bash ceremony.
Questions & Answers
- Is this a new championship / award?
- No, this is the structure for the Club Championship awards in 2021.
- Does two 70.3 count or just one?
- Any races, any distance any multi-sport may be submitted.
- Can the the Club relays at Nottingham count?
- So we have to enter results from different distance events?
- No, any events count. They could all be sprint distance or all ironman distance, it’s up to you. Although, in the event of a tie (as above) the committee will have a discussion & different races distances may be taken into account.