Safeguarding & Welfare
Derby Triathlon Club are affiliated with the British Triathlon Federation and adhere to the following policy –
If you have any concerns please contact the Welfare Officer, see below.
Information about additional support available: –
- Young Minds – UK’s leading charity fighting for children and young people’s mental health.
Text line for free 24-hour mental health support: 85258
Parents Helpline: 0808 802 5544
- ChildLine – free and confidential help for young people in the UK
Tel No: 0800 1111
- The NSPCC – Children’s charity specialising in child protection.
Tel No: 0808 800 5000
- The CPSU – Working to help improve safeguarding and child protection practises within sport organisations.
Tel No: 0116 366 5580
- Lucy Faithful Foundation – Child protection charity dedicated solely to reducing the risk of young people being sexually abused.
Tel No: 0808 1000 900
- Mind – advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
Tel No: 0300 123 3393
- MOSAC – Supporting all non-abusing parents and carers whose children have been sexually abused.
Children and Adults
- Marie Collins Foundation – supporting people to recover from technology assisted sexual abuse in childhood.
Tel No: 01765 688827
- Ann Craft Trust – dedicated to key issues affecting adults and young people at risk including forced marriage, financial abuse, sexual exploitation and disability hate crime.
Tel No: 0115 951 5400
- Samaritans – Providing confidential emotional support to any person who is suicidal or despairing and increasing public awareness of issues around suicide and depression.
Tel No: Helpline – 116 123 (UK)
- Stonewall – provide support for LGBT communities and their allies.
Tel No: 0800 0502020 (0930- 1630 Mon to Fri)
A quick guide to some of the multitude of social media platforms is given here – Guide to popular Social media
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone – 07753 802908