Become a Triathlon Coach
DTC are extremely keen to develop the quality and quantity of coaching that we offer within the club. In order to make this happen, we are always looking for club members who would like to become coaches.
We will reimburse anyone attending a British Triathlon training course as long as they deliver a number of coached sessions as detailed in the attached payback scheme document. Details of upcoming courses are here and the criteria for skipping level 1 to go directly to level 2 are below.
If you would like to become a triathlon coach please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and then follow the instructions below.
The following link is to the Link to British Triathlon website ‘Become a Coach’. This page has more information than given here and will be the latest information regarding coaching courses available.
Also if you are a qualified triathlon, swimming, cycling or athletics coach and would like to get involved please email the same address to discuss the opportunities.
How to Get on a Coaching Course
If you are keen to try and get on a course please do the following:
- Visit this page to find a course.
- If there is a course you fancy, click on the ‘more Info button in the course details and then the enrol on this course button. You must be a member of British Triathlon to be able to enrol on a coaching course, there is the means to do this as you start the enrolment procedure.
- If there isn’t a course at a suitable time and venue, e-mail email@example.com to register your interest about taking part in a future course.
- Fill out the coaching payback form attached and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, with details of which course you’re doing and when.
- Let the treasurer know when you’ve completed the course and arrangements will be made for the 1st payment back to you and we can discuss what club sessions you’ll do, which can help you for the practical part of the course as well.
Criteria to do British Triathlon Level 2 Triathlon Coaching Course (skipping level 1) – BTF website