Winter Bike Rides
Winter Cub Rides
The aim throughout the winter is to have a Club ride most Saturday mornings.
Bus Stop in front of John Port School, Main St, Etwall Derby DE65 6LU at 9am.
The ride is open to riders of all abilities but is best suited to novices and intermediate riders. The ride length will be confirmed at the start of the ride but will be approximately 40 miles and includes a café stop.
The intention is that this ride will take place every week subject to the weather.
The ride will be led by a nominated individual.
Members please check the Club’s Facebook Group – click here – for any updates on the Saturday Club ride.
Non-members if you wish to join in the ride then please contact one of the committee who will put you in touch with the ride leaders.
- No helmet…no ride.
- Check bike is roadworthy, especially your brakes.
- You ride at your own risk.
- Medication – if you have any medical conditions please inform the ride organiser before you set off.
Remember to bring:
- Drink and nutrition
- Bright coloured clothing
- Bacon Butty money
- Mobile phone (in plastic bag) Put your ICE number in the memory “In Case of Emergency”- Your next of Kin etc. also Ride leaders mobile number in case you get lost!
- Puncture repair kit/spare inner tube
- Some riders use different tyres in the winter with more tread and Kevlar bands inside – less punctures!
As the weather becomes more wintery you may want to consider these:
- Mudguards – no one likes getting splashed by the rider in front
- Extra layers
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof gloves
- Leg and arm warmers or Bib trousers
- Extra pair of socks etc.
- Skull cap for under helmet
If you have any questions about the ride then please see the Facebook Group