Derby Junior Triathlon 2023
DERBY JUNIOR TRIATHLON WAS HELD ON SUNDAY 02.07.2023
2023’s event took place at Allestree Woodlands School, Blenhiem Drive, Derby, DE22 2LW
The event is now over and DTC marshals are all hibernating until 2024 when they’ll be rolled out again and dusted off ready for duty. Here’s a link to the results which you may have seen on social media already…
A MASSIVE THANKS TO:
- PMA Racing for providing transition racking, signage and course accessories
- Supernosh for feeding everyone throughout the day
- Woodlands School for providing a great venue and super helpful staff on the day
- Rogue Racer for quality race timing, and providing a hiding place for me.
- ABC First Aid who fortunately didn’t have much to do!
- Central Scaffolding for provision of crowd control barrier
- Our Technical Official from British Triathlon who was nothing but helpful, kind and knowledgeable!
- My close circle of Junior Triathlon working group members: Clive (Veteran organiser, general top bloke), Sarah (Super organised, voice of reason and provider of willing family members to marshal), Ryan (Young enough to understand social media, too old to race), Ash (Gentleman, marshal wrangling expert), Anna (Told our own club juniors and parents about the race because I forgot to).
- The whole DTC committee who silently do their bit behind the scenes, least not supporting the event from club funds in the interest of putting on a quality race for the East Midlands League!
- All of our marshals on the day, without whom this event wouldn’t take place. Most don’t even have kids in the club but do it because they’re great people.
RACE INFORMATION IS IN THE PDF’s BELOW
|Youth – Female||08:30||08:15|
|Youth – Open||08:40||08:15|
|Tristar 3 - Female||09:00||08:45|
|Tristar 3 - Open||09:20||08:45|
|Tristar 2 - Female||09:45||09:30|
|Tristar 2 - Open||10:15||09:30|
|Tristar 1 - Female||11:00||10:45|
|Tristar 1 - Open||11:30||10:45|
|Tri-start - Female||12:30||12:15|
|Tri-start - Open||12:40||12:15|
Entries are CLOSED for this year’s race.
All levels and abilities are encouraged to take part, whether it’s your first ever race or you’re pushing towards qualification to represent the East Midlands region. All competitors receive a medal and a race day souvenir and the top 3 finishers in each category will receive a trophy!
The event is held in the grounds of Woodlands School, close to Derby city center which enables us to keep the course entirely traffic free with good access for spectators. We use the 20m indoor pool and the school sports fields, with race distances as shown in the table below.
|Age / years (Category)||Swim / m (Lengths)||Cycle / km (laps)||Run / km (laps)|
|8yrs. Tristart||40 (2)||1.0 (1 Short)||0.6 (1)|
|9/10 yrs. TriStar 1||120 (6)||1.4 (1 long)||1.2 (2)|
|11/12 yrs. TriStar2||200 (10)||3.4 (3)||1.6 (3)|
|13/14 yrs. Tri Star 3||280 (14)||5.4 (4)||2.1 (4)|
|15/16 yrs. Youths||400 (20)||7.6 (6)||4.0 (6)|
On the day we’ll have refreshments and hot food available from Super Nosh mobile catering who have kept us fed for the last few years and professional first aiders will be on hand throughout the day.
EAST MIDLANDS JUNIOR LEAGUE
Derby Junior Triathlon is part of the British Triathlon East Midlands Junior Series. As a club we think it’s great to see a mix of Duathlon, Aquathon, Pool Triathlons and open water events.
Race in individual races, compete for the regional series title or try to qualify to represent the East Midlands. You can find everything you need on the BTF pages!
The East Midlands is just one of ten Triathlon England regions that provide an opportunity for young people to race against each other. These races are a great starting point for those wishing to enter their first triathlon event and offer a competitive introduction to the sport with the opportunity to claim points towards the regional league standings.
The individual league is open to those from 8 to 16 years of age (age as of 31 December 2023). Every race is open to all levels of ability no matter what your background and are a fun way to enter the sport of triathlon.
To compete for series points this year, in line with other regions, you must be a British Triathlon Home Nation member and have East Midlands as your registered region.
To count towards the East Midlands Junior Race Series individual league and end of season awards you must either live within the East Midlands area or be a current member of a East Midlands Triathlon registered club. If you are not a Home Nation Member you can still take part in any of the races, but you will not attain points towards the individual league or end of season awards.