Calling all triathletes, elites, wannabes, has-beens, and never-really-made-its!
It’s that time of year already! What were you doing with your Thursday evenings before now?
Summer Series is BACK for 2018!!
We kick off on Thursday 3rd May at John Port School car park with our wonderful A course. This week is just a practice to get everyone warmed up and raring to go, so won’t count towards the league, but is a great opportunity to get those first race nerves out of the way.
This week I’m hoping to focus on helping the novices, inexperienced or nervous triathletes, those returning to the sport, or simply those who wish to practice their transitions and race faces.
You will see the sign up is now open and I am calling for volunteers to help with the following:
- – mentoring 1:1 around the course
- – transition set-up
- – familiarisation with BTF rules and guidance (does anybody know what drafting means?) 🤷🏻♀️
- – T1 and T2 general advice
Volunteers – please let me know what aspects you are willing and able to help with.
Athletes – When you sign up please can you indicate whether you would like someone to mentor you around the course, and any particular aspects you need to focus on. You can do this by adding a comment on the sign up page or just mention it when you register before the race.
Please note – it doesn’t matter if you can’t do a flying mount out of T1. It is not something I will encourage for summer series, unless you are fully confident on a bike, because of the proximity to the road. So if this is something you wish to practice, there will be other opportunities. Thursday’s session is more about getting your head race-ready. Ask all the stupid questions you ever wanted to ask about racing.
Course Details – Our A course is fairly simple, I don’t think we ever lost anyone on it yet! With 200m swim (8 lengths), 3 laps of the ‘A’ bike course (a total of 10.5K) and a 3.8K run.
Courses are shown on the Strava page so please familiarise yourself!
Kit: You will need:
- Swim suit or Tri-suit, swim goggles and a swimming cap.
- Trainers/flip flops to wear from the pool to transition.
- Road-worthy bike, a cycling helmet, cycling shoes/trainers and something to wear if you’re not using a tri-suit
- Running Shoes
- Something to drink (You should not need nutrition for a race of this length)
- Money to buy me a drink after – optional
- Chips for my dogs – optional
I’ll be closing the sign-ups late Wednesday evening so please make sure you’ve registered by then.
Hope to see you soon!
Elisa (Summer Series coordinator)