1. Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of Derby Triathlon Club services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information the Derby Triathlon Club may collect about you;
- how the Derby Triathlon Club will use information we collect about you;
- when the Derby Triathlon Club may use your details to contact you;
- whether the Derby Triathlon Club will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
The websites contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will the Derby Triathlon Club collect about me?
When you sign up as a member and participate in or receive a service from Derbytriathlonclub.co.uk website, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, we may ask for personal information about you. This will consist of information such as your name, e mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable the Derby Triathlon Club and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
Please note that sometimes on particular web pages we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will specify further on these webpages why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
3. How will the Derby Triathlon Club use the information they collect about me?
The Derby Triathlon Club will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for "service administration purposes", which means that the Derby Triathlon Club may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide,.
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Derbytriathlonclub.co.uk. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where the Derby Triathlon Club proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. When will the Derby Triathlon Club contact me?
The Derby Triathlon Club may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that the Derby Triathlon Club can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to derbytriathlonclub.co.uk, e.g. on the Derby Triathlon Club message boards;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about the Derby Triathlon Club services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 5 below)
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
The Derby Triathlon Club won't contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
6. Will the Derby Triathlon Club share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 7 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Derby Triathlon Club. However, sometimes the Derby Triathlon Club uses third parties to process your information. The Derby Triathlon Club will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and the Derby Triathlon Club will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on the Derby Triathlon Club website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to derbytriathlonclub.co.uk, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on derbytriathlonclub.co.uk, the Derby Triathlon Club may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where the Derby Triathlon Club reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), the Derby Triathlon Club may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Derby Triathlon Club's website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. How long will the Derby Triathlon Club keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service,
Where you contribute to .co.uk the Derby Triathlon Club will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
Derby Triathlon Club, as a membership funded organisation, also has an obligation to record snapshots of history which may include some User Generated Content i.e. content provided by users. Therefore, some content submitted to or shared with the Derby Triathlon Club may be retained for prolonged periods of time or potentially indefinitely in the Derby Triathlon Club Archive, which is true of News contributions which are published. There may also be rare instances where we will share your contribution with third parties in the interests of maintaining historical archives
Where possible, we will endeavour to inform you upfront or let you know at a later date where we are likely to keep content indefinitely or pass it onto an approved historical archive.
10. Can I find out what personal information the Derby Triathlon Club holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the Derby Triathlon Club holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Copyright 2009 - 2010 Derby Triathlon Club
Please report any problems to the webmaster